Welcome, pet lover!
If you're interested in becoming a pet sitter or dog walker, you can sign up anytime and fill out the different sections at your own pace. You can also complete each of the steps in any order.
Here's how to get started:
- Go to Rover.com and select Become a sitter, then scroll down the page to select Get started.
- Choose one or more services you'd like to provide, then select Save & Continue.
- Complete each of the following sections:
|Service Setup||This section is where you'll set rates, your availability, and pet preferences. If you selected multiple services, you'll only be prompted to fill out these details for one service to qualify for profile approval.|
|Create Your Profile||
This is the section where pet owners have a chance to learn more about you and your experience. Create a great first impression by saying a few words about yourself, adding some fun photos of you with a pet companion, and filling out your contact information.
|Request Testimonials||Get in touch with past contacts who can talk about their positive experiences with you as a pet care provider. Testimonials are a great way to build trust with pet owners.|
|Pass a Safety Quiz||Rover requires all pet sitters and dog walkers to complete our safety quiz.|
|Complete an ID verification||Give pet owner's peace of mind by submitting an ID verification from your Rover account.|
4. Each completed section will have a checkmark next to it so you can easily track your progress. Once you complete all of the steps, select Submit. This will alert our team that your profile is ready to review.
If you change your mind and no longer wish to be a pet sitter on Rover, simply select I no longer want to provide Rover services at the bottom of the page.
- Keep an eye on your email. Our sitter team may ask you to modify a few things to make your profile the best it can be.
- You'll typically hear from us within five working days and we’ll notify you via email if your profile is approved.
- Once your profile is approved and you verify your identity, your services will be visible in the Rover marketplace and pet owners will be able to contact you.
- Check out our Sitter Resources Center for advice and tips that'll help you succeed on Rover and our Getting Started section for handy account how-tos.
Note: Pet sitters and dog walkers listed on Rover must be at least 18 years of age and are considered independent contractors. If your profile is approved, you'll be running your own small business and will not be considered a Rover employee. This status gives you the freedom to set your own rates and schedule—plus it's important to know come tax time.
How long will it take for Rover to review my profile?